By Dana DeMercurio
Make life easy with our list of top 10 life hacks every mom should know and use.
1. Faulty Zippers: Zipper won’t stay up? Here’s a quick fix: try spritzing it with hairspray after every wash. If the zipper is stuck, try rubbing a bar of soap, a candle or some paraffin paper over the metal teeth.
2. Blood Stains: Bloody noses and cuts and scrapes seem to be synonymous with childhood. If blood transfers onto clothes, sheets or any other fabrics, simply squirt some shampoo on a wet washcloth and rub it out.
3. Deodorant Stains: There are several ways to remove embarrassing white streaks from deodorant on your clothes, but here are the two easiest ways:
- Fabric Dryer Sheet – rub in a circular motion on marked area until streak disappears
- Socks – turn a clean sock inside out and rub in a circular motion on marked area until streak disappears
4. Sticky Situations: Don’t freak out when your kid gets gum stuck in his/her hair. Instead, grab an ice cube to harden the gum, making it easier to remove or rub peanut butter over the gum and comb out with a fine tooth comb.
5. Bath Time: Put baby in a laundry basket in the tub along with his/her favorite bath toys so everything is within reach.
6. Forget Fuzzies: Have a sweater you can’t wear because of too much fuzz? Invest in a $3 pumice stone and gentle sweep over such areas.
7. Bugs Be Gone: Keep babies safe from mosquito and bug bites by placing a crib sheet over playpens when spending time outdoors.
8. Cabinet Locks: Forget to invest in child safety locks for reachable cabinets? Not to worry, slip cookie cutters over them in the meantime.
9. Squirt Bottles: Make breakfast fun by using a traditional mustard or ketchup squirt bottle filled with pancake batter to create fun shapes and words.
10. An Apple a Day: If you pre-slice an apple for your kid’s lunch, keep the pieces from turning brown by wrapping a rubber band around the whole fruit until it’s time to eat.