(BPT) – Looking to throw an all-out summer soiree that is bound to be the talk of the neighborhood? Or maybe just an intimate barbecue with some of your friends? Don’t be afraid to explore new ideas for hosting your summer party, showing off your hosting skills to all your friends.
Try some of the tips and tricks at a new Paramount Citrus website dailysqueeze.com to guarantee your gathering will be a summer blockbuster to remember.
* Get your grill on: Now is the time to tune up the grill. Creative grilling starts before your meat and veggies hit the heat, and a splash of citrus flavor is just what they need to stand out among the crowd. Find ways to add an extra kick of flavor to any barbecue dish at dailysqueeze.com. Add the tang of freshly squeezed lemon juice to chicken marinades and the kick of lime zest to spicy dry rubs for steak and chops.
* Shake up some cocktails: Grab a variety of spirits with a few favorite mixers. Place them in a designated area of the room along with lemons and limes for garnishes. This will take the burden off you to feel required to replenish your guests’ drinks and let you enjoy your party. If you’re looking for that perfect summer refreshment and a signature drink for your party, try making this simple yet delicious lime cooler from Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger of Los Angeles’ acclaimed Border Grill.
Minty Lime Cooler
Makes 2 servings
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice from a Paramount Citrus lime
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle cold sparkling water
- lime slices and mint sprigs for garnish
Combine the lime juice, sugar and mint in a blender. Puree until smooth. Fill two tall glasses half-full with ice cubes. Pour half of the lime juice concentrate in each. Top with sparkling water, garnish with lime and mint and serve.
For a Mojito, adults can pour 1 ounce white rum into tall glass with ice, and top with Minty Lime Cooler.
* Choose a theme: Everyone loves a good party theme. Pick a food theme like southern barbecue or Mexican. Or choose a theme for attire such as “all white” or “summer hats.” Ambiance is also key, since it will set the tone of any party. Invest in some fun patio lights, lanterns or tiki torches to place around your yard if you plan to utilize your outside space.
* Don’t forget the kids: If you know children will attend your party, have kid-friendly items ready for them to play with such as chalk or bubbles. Better yet, rent a bounce house. The kids are sure to entertain themselves for hours while parents can take a break and enjoy the party.
With these tips, your summer soiree will be the talk of your neighborhood, and your friends will be sure to request an encore performance next summer.
Be sure to visit www.dailysqueeze.com for additional recipes.