Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 25 Min
Ready In: 45 Min
Yields 8 servings.
• 3 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
• 1/3 cup diced celery
• 1/3 cup fi nely chopped onion
• 3/4 cup diced cooked ham
• 3 1/4 cups water
• 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1 teaspoon ground white or black pepper, or to taste
• 5 tablespoons butter
• 5 tablespoons all-purpose fl our
• 2 cups milk
1. Combine the potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. Bring to a boil, then cook over medium
heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt and pepper.
2. In a separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in fl our with a fork, and cook, stirring constantly until thick, about 1 minute. Slowly stir in milk as not to allow lumps to form until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over medium-low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook
soup until heated through. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 195 | Total Fat: 10.5g | Cholesterol: 30mg
Recipe adapted from original submitted by ELLIE11, Courtesy of www.allrecipies.com