It’s that time of year when the kids are deciding between black snakes, smoke bombs and super sparklers and moms are planning perfect family picnics. Here are a few great ideas to help make your plans “sparkle”.
Have a Patriotic Picnic with these easy recipes!
- Whole strawberries
- White chocolate chips or white melting chocolate
- blue sugar
Directions: Melt white chocolate, dip strawberries 3/4 into melted chocolate and then 1/2 into blue sugar. Set on waxed paper and allow to harden. Enjoy!
Funtastic Fruit & Cheese Tray
- Cubed white cheddar (1/2 – 1 inch cubes)
- Cubed watermelon (seedless – 1 inch cubes)
Directions: Place blueberries in a small white bowl in the top left side of a square platter or dish. Make a line of watermelon starting at top of platter and then follow with a line of white cheddar in flag pattern. Continue until dish is filled.
Red White & Blue Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 large sweet white onion
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
AKA Mom wants to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th!