By Dana DeMercurio
Summer is nearly over, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. It’s almost time for pumpkin spice lattes, wet and windy weekends spent snuggling up on the couch binging on Netflix and, of course, essential fall fashion looks in full force. Bold colors and opulent textures make for the most luxurious layered looks this upcoming season. From ponchos to purses, we’ve got all the outstanding outerwear you’ll be craving for your fall fashion wardrobe. Browse our faves below, and be sure to click the image for purchasing options.
- Ponchos – Ponchos are one of our favorite ways to add serious style and instant chic to any fall outfit. From fitted to flowing, ponchos make an excellent alternative to the standard cardigan or blazer jacket. It might not be the easier trend to pull off depending on body type and height (ponchos are a lot of added material that can seem bulky), but pairing it with a knee-length dress or skinny jeans/leggings can be the perfect fit. Opt for ponchos with color blocking and embellishments for added sass and style, like the Renny Poncho by Parker ($396), a leader in women’s luxury fashion.
- Parkas – There’s nothing quite like zipping yourself into a puffy parka on a crisp autumn or winter day, am I right? A classic piece for staying warm while looking cool, parkas are one of the most understated coats that are making a serious comeback in 2015. Get your mitts on this hot-ticket item, especially those with a faux-fur trimmed hoodie like this one from Forever 21’s Women’s collection ($64.90).
- Statement Pieces – Statement necklaces are definitely having a moment in fashion history, but there are other beautiful baubles waiting for their time to shine, especially bracelets – the perfect everyday accessory. This season, don’t pick just any bracelet, pick Simbi This eco-friendly and socially conscious collection of handmade bracelets come from the island of Haiti, and every purchase adds 15 more sustainable jobs to the country’s market along with provided clean and accessible water to native Haitians. With an assortment of colors and styles offering messages of peace, hope and love, you’re sure to find one that speaks to the humanist (and fashionista) in you!
- Earth-Tone Purses – It’s time to pack away those bulky beach totes still full of Labor Day weekend’s sand and sunscreen, and instead reach for those rich earth-tone purses to heat up your favorite fall outfits. Get creative this season and stray from the traditional black or brown leather purses you’ve been clutching too long. Invest in bags that add a welcomed pop of color, like burnt orange, olive green, dark teal and rich plum. Our favorite is the Kendra Crossbody in tranquil teal by Infinite Universe. It boasts supple lambskin, fossil agate stone and African Blackwood in its detailing. And did we mention is currently on sale? Only $175 – down from $598!
- Floppy Fall Hats – As one of the most overlooked accessory of them all, fall is the perfect time to sport some super-feminine headwear – and I’m not talking beanies and the like. A floppy felt hat or fitted fedora will add seriously sexy glam to any look. You can even take it from an office look to drinks after work look with ease. We’re coveting this crushed berry color hat currently on sale for $15 at Old Navy.
- Bold and Brawny Boots – Footwear is always a smart investment, especially fall and winter styles. But imagine all of the snow, sleet, rain and mud your shoes endure during these months. It’s no wonder women seem to have to replace their precious boots every season! Get smart this year and invest in footwear that will actually last past the first snowfall. Iffy materials like leather and suede are a recipe for disaster in months that experience excessive weather, so switch over to synthetic leather on days when your footwear may be in danger from the elements. We LOVE these faux-leather Trixie Booties by G by Guess, and we love the price even more – only $56.99!