April showers that bring May’s flowers can make for some long days inside. If you’re not up for a few splashes in the puddles, try some of these indoor activities guaranteed to make those rainy spring days just as fun! Lorena Canals Washable Rugs offers these 10 rainy day activities for kids. Keep the kids entertained and you’ll beat the rainy-day blues!
1. Bring the excitement of camping home. Schedule an indoor “camp out” with sleeping bags, a tent, board games and s’mores. Camping inside is a fun and simple way to unplug and reconnect with your family and have a great time, plus, you’ll have indoor plumbing!
2. Yoga for Kids- Help kids get a good stretch by striking some yoga poses. It promotes body awareness, balance, posture, and concentration. Yoga is a great rainy day activity because you don’t need anything other than a bit of space.
3. Tea parties make rainy days more fun! Get all dressed up and host your own fancy tea party (be sure to invite the dolls and stuffed animals).
4. Make shaving cream sculptures in the sink. Squirt some shaving cream in the sink and just let kids have fun. Add food coloring if you like. You might want to put them in an old shirt as this activity will get messy!
5. Bubble Wrap Fun- Kids, and most adults, love anything that involves bubble wrap! Roll out the bubble wrap carpet and let your kids walk the “runway.” Make a hopscotch grid with squares of bubble wrap or tape bubble wrap to the floor in a line and let kids use toy cars down their new road.
6. Balloon Tennis- All you need is a balloon, two paper plates and two craft sticks. The match can now begin!
7. Photo Booth Fun- Tap into your kids’ dress up trunk or bring out their old Halloween costumes for some photo fun! Put your camera on a tri-pod and have your kids strike a pose doing you own custom photo shoot!
8. Jenga! Build a fun Jenga-style tower game with sponge pieces.
9. Freeze Dance- All you need is music, and the only guideline is to freeze when the music is paused. Encourage kids to “freeze” in fun poses or with funny faces. Use a variety of musical styles and tempos.
10. Make an Indoor Sandbox- Get a large container and fill it with shaped pasta, dried beans, or uncooked rice. Spread a washable rug underneath to catch any mess.