By Daddy Nickell, Founder of Daddy & Co.
Father’s Day is the time of year where we celebrate the most important man in your family—good ol’ Dad. As you head out to find your dad a meaningful and extra special gift that shows him just how much you love him, why not think ‘out-of-the-socks’? How about going for something more unique and memorable? As a father to 7 kids, I’ve seen my fair share of Father’s Day gifts, and that does mean a lot of ties and socks but I’ve also been given some amazing ones. Dad always appreciates anything you give him, but something he loves is even better. Here are a few ideas to show your dad he’s #1 to your family:
- Putt Putt Golf Outing with the family followed by ice cream
- Family Day at a baseball or semi/professional soccer game (give him the official jersey to go along with the game you’re going, as well!).
- Plan a family outing doing dad’s favorite activity or bobby such as golfing, fishing, or boating (maybe rent a pontoon for the family and bring picnic along and fishing poles, etc.).
- Don’t skip the tie, just make it special by ordering tie designed by the kids
- What dad couldn’t use a new key ring? Get him a “#1 Dad: or “My Dad Rocks” key ring with the kids’ names engraved on the back
- It’s ok for dad to wear some bling when it’s a cool dog tag necklace featuring his kids’ names and birth dates
- Track down dad’s favorite baseball or football card, comic book or magazine from an important time (childhood, his birthdate, a rare collector’s item)
- Give dad the experience of doing something he’s always wanted to do like the race car lesson/experience, rock climbing with a pro, diving/snorkeling lessons, or airplane flying lessons. It’s living out a dream while also giving a super memorable gift.
- Sign him up for a beer or wine of the month club and throw in some personalized pub glasses, too.
- Give him a collection of his top 5 movies, but not just any movies, get them in hi definition/blue ray.
- Make a homemade video for him with the kids dancing, playing instruments, reading a poem for dad they wrote, etc.
- Give him an autographed photo of his favorite sports star or actor. It will go well in his man cave!
Happy Father’s Day!
Parenting Expert and father of 7, Robert Nickell (aka Daddy Nickell) offers his “5 cents” worth of advice to expectant and new parents. Daddy Nickell is the founder of Daddy & Co., delivery room duds and daddy gifts and apparel for every stage of fatherhood, and the Daily Daddy Blog. He is also the creator and producer of “My Life as a Dad,” the groundbreaking new web series that showcases celebrity fathers offering their personal experiences and parenting tips.